Community Legal Advice

What is community legal service funding?

Community legal service funding is a way for people to get help with their legal problems. These services are available in most communities across the United States and Canada, as well as many other countries around the world. Community Legal Service Funding can be found through local bar associations, law schools, community organizations or churches. The funds come from donations by individuals and corporations who want to make sure that everyone has access to justice when they need it.

The first thing you should know about community legal service funding is that there are different types of programs out there which offer different levels of assistance based on your needs:

Is civil legal aid free?

No. Civil legal aid is not free, but it can be a lot cheaper than going to court without a lawyer. The Legal Services Commission (LSC) provides grants for people who cannot afford the cost of getting help from lawyers or other professionals in civil cases such as family disputes, debt and mortgage problems, housing issues and employment law matters. LSC funds are provided by the government to pay for most types of civil work undertaken by solicitors on behalf of clients who qualify financially under strict criteria set down in law.

What is the difference between legal aid and community legal advice?

Legal Aid is a government funded service that provides free or low-cost access to lawyers for people who cannot afford it. Legal services are provided by private firms, law centres, charities and other organisations. Community Legal Advice (CLA) is not funded by the Government but instead relies on donations from individuals and trusts to provide their services. CLA offers free advice sessions in person at various locations across England as well as over email, phone or Skype.

The main differences between these two types of service are: 1) Legal Aid can be accessed if you have enough money while CLAs do not require any financial information before providing help; 2) The type of lawyer available through each system differs - with some areas having more specialist solicitors than others; 3) Legal Aid tends to offer broader support whereas CLAs tend to focus on one specific area such as debt problems or housing issues; 4) With both systems there may be waiting lists so getting an appointment could take time depending on your location in England

How can I access legal advice in my area?

If you are having trouble with debt, mortgage loans, banks or credit cards; if you have been the victim of an accident and need help to get compensation; if someone has stolen your money or property; or if you are facing eviction because of rent arrears - there is a good chance that Community Legal Advice (CLA) could provide free legal advice. CLA does not charge for their services but relies on donations from individuals and organisations to fund its work.   The CLA website provides information about how people can find out more about what they do, where they operate and how people can contact them for free legal advice.

Can you get free debt help through the law society's website?

The Legal Services Commission is a national body that provides legal aid to people who cannot afford it. The commission operates in England and Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland and Gibraltar. It also funds community legal advice centres which provide free information about civil law matters such as housing, employment or family issues. Community legal advice centres are usually run by local charities or voluntary organisations with funding from the LSC. They offer telephone helplines for general enquiries on these subjects but can also provide face-to-face advice sessions for those who need them.<br>  <br> There are many other sources of free debt help available online including Wikipedia articles about credit cards, mortgages loans and bank accounts which give basic details of how they work together with links to more detailed pages elsewhere on their site where appropriate.

Who provides loan agreements, mortgages, bank accounts or credit cards in England and Wales?

The Legal Services Commission (LSC) is the main provider of legal aid in England and Wales. The LSC has a duty to provide access to justice for all those who qualify financially. To do this they fund over 1,000 law centres across England and Wales which are run by local authorities or charities. They also fund Community Legal Advice services which operate on a national basis with offices in every region of England and Wales providing free advice on civil matters such as debt problems or housing difficulties.

Debt can be very difficult to deal with alone so it is important that people get help from organisations like these if they need it because the consequences could be disastrous if left untreated for too long.