- Beat the con-men! Stay one step ahead and keep an eye on our consumer warnings...
Community Legal Advice
Community Legal Advice is a free and confidential advice service paid for by legal aid. They have been helping people deal with their legal problems since 2004. They help some of the most vulnerable people in society tackle their problems - those who are on low incomes or benefits.
The service covers English and Welsh law and offers specialist advice in the areas of Benefits and Tax Credits, Debt, Employment, Education, Housing and Family.
If people are not eligible for legal aid, Community Legal Advice can still find ways to help by putting them in touch with the right agency or advice organisation.
They currently give specialist advice in the following areas:
• Debt - e.g. bailiffs/council tax arrears, general repayment of debt, charging orders
• Welfare Benefits & Tax Credits - e.g. entitlement, tax credits, incapacity, appeals
• Housing - e.g. rent and mortgage arrears, disrepair, eviction, repossession, homelessness
• Employment - e.g. unfair dismissal, deduction of wages and discrimination
• Education - e.g. special educational needs, exclusions, bullying and admissions
• Family – separation / divorce, child contact, domestic abuse
Call 0845 345 4 345
•Mon - Fri 9am - 8:00pm
•Sat 9am - 12:30pm
•Calls from 4p/min - or request a call back