- Beat the con-men! Stay one step ahead and keep an eye on our consumer warnings...
Legal Services Ombudsman for England and Wales
• Their job is to resolve legal complaints in a fair and independent way.
• They are the Legal Ombudsman for England and Wales and have been set up by the Office for Legal Complaints under the Legal Services Act 2007. Parliament wanted to simplify the system and make sure consumers had access to an independent expert to resolve complaints.
• They opened on 6 October 2010.
• The service is open to all members of the public, very small businesses, charities, clubs and trusts. The service is free to these consumers.
• They can get involved in different types of complaints about legal services. Some examples are wills, family issues such as divorce, personal injury and buying or selling a house. There are many others.
• They are independent and impartial.
• They are not consumer champions or part of the legal profession, and are also independent of Government.
• They are committed to ensuring value for money in how we run the Legal Ombudsman.To contact0300 555 0333 or email us at email@example.comThe team is available from 8.30am to 5.30pm to answer your calls. Address is PO Box 15870, Birmingham B30 9EB.
If you are calling from overseas, please call +44 121 245 3050