Latest news...

All the latest news.


consumer warning
Beat the con-men! Stay one step ahead and keep an eye on our consumer warnings...

The Housing Ombudsman


The Housing Act 1996 (amended by the Housing & Regeneration Act 2008) requires all social housing providers to belong to the Service. It includes all providers registered with the Tenant Services Authority, such as landlords, managing agents, and developers.

The Service also covers non-social housing providers which have joined it voluntarily.

Their remit does not include local authority housing: council tenants must complain to the Local Government Ombudsman

Housing Ombudsman Service
81 Aldwych

Funded by BIS

The European Consumer Centre for Services is hosted by the Trading Standards Institute and funded by the Department for Business Innovation and Skills.